Some people are implementers and others are idea generators. Very few are both.
I tend to be more of an idea generator than an implementer yet can do both to a certain degree before I get bored or frustrated.
How about you?
Have you ever had an idea that lit you up and left you feeling super excited?
And then, soon after you started implementing the required action steps to turn your idea into reality, you stalled? Landing you in a holding pattern?
I most certainly have and at such times I often question if I'm resisting moving forward due to fear or if there's something else going on. So that inspired my writing today.
How To Tell The Difference Between Fear and Divine Intervention
Resistance is a normal part of growth and expansion.
We all experience it to varying degrees in many aspects of life.
- It's that edge when you're on your yoga mat and you think you can't possibly stretch any further and then you take a deep breath and let go... and next thing you know, you've moved beyond that initial resistance.
- It's that sudden desire to go to sleep when you don't feel like doing the task ahead and you do a quick energy clearing... and wow, everything suddenly flows.
- It's that Inner Shitty Committee broadcasting their top #3 reasons to back off but you recognise what's happening and decide to change the channel... and you suddenly know without a shadow of a doubt what your next step is and you just do it.
So how can you tell whether resistance is fear or divine intervention?
Well, over the years I've come to recognise this in myself and through working with clients from all around the world in a wide variety of industries, just in case you wondered if this only affects certain types of people.
Resistance can show up in many ways. Procrastination is a big favourite.
Here's what I've come to realise:
If the energy doesn't flow, then let it go.
- It either isn't right for you, at least not at this time. If you find yourself holding on because ________ and fill in whatever this stirs up in you, odds are that you are holding on due to fear, obligation or guilt. None of which support your essence to thrive... they definitely fuel the ego, though.
- Something within you, others involved or systems you're using needs to be cleared or optimised. When this is the case, you'll know it was divine intervention because the moment the energy is cleared or different systems are used then everything becomes infused with ease and grace, and let's not forget FUN. Everything suddenly lines up, as if by magic.
And often it's a combination of both of the above.
I recently had a fabulous opportunity to feel into some resistance of my own.
While getting ready to launch this website and transition from InnerDelight to using my name instead, I was simultaneously looking at my calendar to schedule the brand new 7 Day Money and Miracles Challenge.
I met with my marketing coach and she helped me reverse engineer all the steps I needed to take to make this happen.
I had a crystal clear roadmap with the action steps to take and by when.
This is a process, by the way, which I easily facilitate with my private clients yet here I was struggling to apply this to myself. That's why I get help.
Anyway, the reason I was struggling was that I hit overwhelm and I found myself procrastinating.
Overwhelm is another favourite disguise for resistance...
I noticed myself wanting to delay the challenge to September yet that didn't really feel good either.
So... fear or divine intervention?
I had some awareness of what was going on here - which by the way goes to show that just having awareness of something doesn't necessarily shift the energy - so I applied my energy clearing tools.
What revealed itself?
Fear of getting so bogged down to get all of this ready by the timelines of 'the plan' and having no time to actually enjoy myself along the way. And if you know me, then you know how I value enJOYing what I'm doing.
The moment I played with moving the dates, I immediately felt lighter and I suddenly knew how to resolve the one technical issue that had been holding me back.
Bam, just like that, by clearing the energy within me, the energy shifted with the systems I'd been using. I actually changed one and made a few slight tweaks in the others and everything flowed again.
Plus a new date revealed itself that just felt right. Divine intervention?
The power of energy alignment.
If you're finding yourself in a similar holding pattern in any area of your life, then check out the awesome resources available for you HERE.
When you clear the obstacles to receiving money and miracles in your life, the increased JOY and abundance vibes create ripple effects into every other aspect of your life and business.
Until we meet again, go forth and let joy be your guide to a life and business that are worth waking up for every day.